Apply to be a Project EXPLORE Coach
- OPEN TO
Environmental Educators and non-formal educators in North Carolina
- COACH COMMITMENT
A 2 year commitment to serve 10 teachers in your region
Applications available soon!
Indicate your interest below to receive updates.
Project EXPLORE (Experiences Promoting Learning Outdoors for Research and Education) is an initiative of The North Carolina Arboretum that helps teachers utilize outdoor spaces at their school to engage pre-kindergarten-12th grade students in curriculum based learning activities.
As part of our statewide initiative the Arboretum will be accepting applications for a select number of environmental educators to offer Project EXPLORE programming in their own communities in NC.
Project EXPLORE coaches will attend at least six virtual monthly trainings.
The training will include: an overview of the Project EXPLORE curriculum, professional learning, expertise sharing, and community building. After the training Project EXPLORE coaches will recruit and accept 10 teachers to deliver Project EXPLORE programming with and for during the 2022-2023 school year.
Training & Curriculum
- Dates: TBD Monthly Virtual sessions
- Shared professional learning
- A community of statewide environmental education leaders willing to share resources and expertise
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
- Effective Environmental Education Practices
As you implement Project EXPLORE programming we will offer ongoing support via:
- Regular webinars
- An online community
- Phone Support
- Learning Opportunities
Materials for Teachers
- Mini-grant funds
- Data sheets
- Field guides
- Class sets of binoculars/hand lenses
Materials for Coaches
- Scheduling templates
- Activity materials
- Project EXPLORE curriculum
- We will provide training and counsel to the coaches to help support the marketing, funding and sustainability of your programming
- We will provide a platform to share your success stories