Apply to be a Project EXPLORE Coach
- OPEN TO
Environmental Educators and non-formal educators in North Carolina
- COACH COMMITMENT
A 2 year commitment to serve 10 teachers in your region
- TRAINING DATES
Trainings will be held online on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of every month from January to May 2023 from 2 PM until 5 PM unless otherwise noted.
Accepting Applications NOW!
Open until full.
Project EXPLORE (Experiences Promoting Learning Outdoors for Research and Education) is an initiative of The North Carolina Arboretum that helps teachers utilize outdoor spaces at their school to engage pre-kindergarten-12th grade students in curriculum based learning activities.
As part of our statewide initiative the Arboretum will be accepting applications for a select number of environmental educators to offer Project EXPLORE programming in their own communities in NC.
Project EXPLORE coaches will attend virtual monthly trainings from January to May. Trainings will be held online on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of every month from 2 PM until 5 PM unless otherwise noted.
The training will include: an overview of the Project EXPLORE curriculum, professional learning, expertise sharing, and community building. After the training Project EXPLORE coaches will recruit and accept 10 teachers to deliver Project EXPLORE programming with and for during the 2023-2024 school year.
Training & Curriculum
- Trainings will be held online on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of every month from January to May 2023 from 2-5 PM unless otherwise noted.
- January 31
- February 14
- February 28
- March 14
- March 28
- April 11
- April 25
- May 9 (*in-person training and celebration)
- May 23
- Shared professional learning
- A community of statewide environmental education leaders willing to share resources and expertise
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion discussion and learning
- Effective Environmental Education Practices
As you implement Project EXPLORE programming we will offer ongoing support via:
- Regular webinars
- An online community
- Phone/Online Support
- Ongoing Learning Opportunities
Materials for Teachers
- Mini-grant funds
- Data sheets
- Field guides
- Class sets of binoculars/hand lenses
Materials for Coaches
- Scheduling templates
- Activity materials
- Project EXPLORE curriculum
- We will provide counsel to the coaches to help support the marketing, funding and sustainability of your programming
- We will provide a platform to share your success stories